CarBuyer Singapore is a media entity which seeks to provide simple, timely, relevant, and authoritative content pertaining to the automotive industry and transportation to its readers.
The editorial team of CarBuyer Singapore – including full-time journalists, part-time journalists, and all contributing authors or content creators regardless of medium – shall abide by this Editorial Charter in all work created for CarBuyer Singapore.
If you wish to see a physical copy of this charter signed by our staff, please visit the CarBuyer Singapore office.
Our journalists shall:
1.Ensure that the interests of our readers are placed above that of all others.
2. Always ensure the editorial integrity of CarBuyer Singapore, and uphold its editorial independence.
3. Not subordinate the interests of readers to external interests including, but not limited to, advertisers, commercial partners, shareholders, and venture capitalists.
4. Strive to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
5. Do their utmost to correct inaccuracies.
6. Differentiate between fact and opinion.
7. Obtain material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
8. Do nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
9. Protect the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of their work.
10. Resist threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and take no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge.
11. Produce no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
12. Always clearly state the nature of content that has been created in cooperation with external entities under commercial agreement (‘Sponsored Content’ and the like).
13. Normally seek the consent of an appropriate adult/guardian when interviewing or photographing a child or minor for a story.
14. Avoid plagiarism.
15. Uphold the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.